Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baby Beckham


Here is our sweet baby Beckham. He was born at 4lbs 13oz and 18in long. My last appt. before he was born I was only measuring at 34 weeks. The nurse was worried and alerted the Dr. but he was rushing to a delivery and said that everything was fine and I didn't need an ultrasound. I figured he was the Dr and he must know what he was talking about. A few days later I started having consistent contractions and I knew this baby was coming soon. All throughout Saturday night/ Sunday morning I was having very strong contractions about 10 min apart. For some reason I remembered reading not to go to the hospital until the contractions are about 5 min apart, so beyond all common sense I decided not to wake Jake up until they were 5 min apart. They stayed about 10 min apart until the morning. All the sudden the contractions started coming really fast, we decided to go to the hospital but I thought for sure I still had a while. The nurse casually began to check me, when all the sudden she looked at me wide eyed and said, "You're at an eight and the baby is coming out." After that things moved very fast. Jake was frantically calling our family while running to get the cameras from the car. The nurse was rushing to call the Dr's and for a moment I was all alone, dialated to a 9, thinking that I was going to deliver this baby all by myself. Everyone got back very quick and a few minutes after our family got there Beckham was born.


This was right after he was born. We got to hold him for about 10 min, then he had to go to the Level 2 nursery for tests.



This was Beckham's home for 3 weeks. He barely moved for the 1st week, after that he slowly started coming around. He had to have an I.V , feeding tube and oxygen for the first 2 weeks.

I love this picture. This was Bella's first time seeing Beckham.


Bella just being her funny self. :)


Our Family knows this window very well, for 3 weeks they had to look through this to see Beckham. The nurses would always laugh because there was almost always a crowd of our friends and fam smashed together trying to see through the little window.



This was after the guys came and gave Beckham a great blessing.


Bella coming to see Beckham




Bella decided she needed a little more attention and did an impromptu posing shoot.



Finally going home!!!


So, here are a few things I learned from this experience. First, I have the greatest family. I stayed in the hospital for a week straight and they came atleast 2 or 3 times a day to bring me food and support. I love them so much and appreciate all their help with everything. 2nd, I am going to trust my gut. All along I had a feeling something was wrong but I should have been stronger and insisted on another ultrasound. 3rd, I feel so blessed that Beckham is healthy. When you are in the situation you kindof feel discouraged, but as I looked around I realized how lucky I was that he was healthy and how many parents were going through much worse.


Thanks for all your calls and texts.

Everyone was so great and I truly appreciate all your support!

No comments: